Reopening News - Hughes Center Events & Specials
We are pleased to announce that The Hughes Center is now scheduling for in-office patient appointments, select treatments, scheduled virtual consults, and curbside product pickup during upcoming office hours! Please call the office and leave a message with your name and phone number and we will return your call within 1-2 business days for scheduling. The health and safety of our very valued patients, staff and community are our top priority. We are closely monitoring the guidelines of both national and local public health authorities to assure proper safety protocols are in place.
The Hughes Center will be taking the following recommended measures in addition to requiring patient participation, to minimize exposure and to help you feel confident in receiving the quality of care you deserve.
- Extensive Cleaning Protocols– Infection control has always been of utmost importance for our practice and we will continue to follow universal precautions. There will be a pre-opening deep cleaning and disinfection of the office followed by an increased level and frequency of cleaning all common surfaces and touch points. Treatment areas/procedure rooms will be thoroughly disinfected between patient uses, regularly during the day and at the end of each day. This will include sweeping and mopping floors and wiping down all surfaces with EPA-approved disinfectants and performed per CDC guidelines.
- Enforcement of Social Distancing– We will be limiting the number of people in the office at a time to one patient per office suite and asking patients to wait in their cars until being greeted and escorted into the office. All staff members will be practicing social distancing. We have added plexiglass shields in the office as another layer of protection.
- TouchMD– Patients will use technology to complete screening questionnaires and consent forms using TouchMD. Prior to your appointment you will be sent information about how to log into your TouchMD account. If not completed prior to your appointment, our staff can assist you when you arrive. Whenever possible you will be using your own personal device to limit touch points. This will be explained during your pre-appointment screening phone call.
- Contactless Payment– We strongly recommend the use of our Beauty Shop. Whenever possible you will use your own personal device to limit touch points. This link will be used at appointment checkout. No need to pre-purchase.
- Limited Schedules– The office will be open three days per week, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 10 am to 3:15 pm. This will ensure fewer patients in the office each day and will allow us time to carry out our enhanced cleaning protocols. Each appointment will be limited to a total of 30 minutes. We will be attempting to offer special appointment times for patients 65 and older at the start of the day and for front-line workers at the end of the day. Our hours will be reevaluated and subject to change weekly.
- Patient Screening– All patients will be asked screening questions during a phone call the day prior to their visit. We ask that you read our COVID-19 Consent Form and Pre-Visit Screening Questionnaire prior to your arrival to better prepare for your visit. When arriving for your appointment, you will be checked in, will sign consent forms, be rescreened with a questionnaire, and have your temperature checked with an infrared no-touch thermometer outside, prior to entering the office. Once screening is complete, patients can enter the office but must wear a mask. If a patient does not have a mask, one will be provided. All persons with a temperature of 100°F or higher will be asked to reschedule their appointment and seek appropriate medical care and testing.
- Staff Screening– Please be patient as we will be working with limited staff. All staff will be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and will be temperature checked daily. Anyone with symptoms, in close contact with an individual with symptoms, or who has a temperature of 100°F or higher will be quarantined and seek appropriate medical attention according to CDC guidelines prior to returning to work.
- PPE– Our physicians, providers and office staff will be using appropriate personal protective equipment to adhere to the guidelines for medical facilities and for the given treatment procedures.
We ask our patients to do the following:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Log into your TouchMD account before your appointment (an email link will be sent after scheduling your appointment)
- Complete phone screening the day before your visit – You MUST provide a number that the office will reach you LIVE, not answering may result in having to reschedule your appointment.
- Please arrive at our office wearing a mask. Masks are required while in the office.
- Please arrive 15-20 mins. before appointment for outdoor registration & screening process.
- Please come alone to your appointment. Only the patient will be allowed in the office.
- All patients entering the office will be required to wash their hands and follow our office protocols.
We are so excited to be welcoming you back! We take this responsibility seriously and look forward to partnering with you as we navigate this time together. We are grateful for your patience, understanding and continued support. With the guidance of the scientific recommendations and proceeding with caution and care, we can safely move ahead together. We look forward to seeing you soon!