Things to Know Before a Facelift - Hughes Center Blog
Aging is a gradual process that one day stands out at you in the mirror and says, “Ha! I got you!” If you are at the point where this is becoming more of a reality, and starting to wonder where your youthful face went, it may be time to consider meeting with the cosmetic surgeons at The Hughes Center for Aesthetic Surgery in Philadelphia and New Jersey.
Here are some things you’ll want to think about prior to having a facelift:
1) Find the right cosmetic surgeon for you.
2) Find out whether or not you need a facelift. Have a consultation with your cosmetic surgeon to decide.
3) Know that a facelift does not remove most wrinkles, and will not re-inflate your aging face.
4) Facelifts remove excess fat, tighten tissue and smooth out loose skin.
5) Facelifts are often supplemented with other procedures such as: laser skin resurfacing, facial fat transfer, and/or dermal fillers.
6) Have realistic goals and expectations before having a facelift surgery.
7) Know your surgical options and the different procedures. This may include everything from brow lifts, cheek/mid facelifts and limited incision lower facelifts; to eyelid surgery (also referred to as blepharoplasty) and three dimensional facelift and more.
8 ) Learn more about the surgical techniques, which include endoscopic, mini-incision or S-lift procedures and beyond.
9) What to expect pre, during and post-operation, including preparation, expectation, recovery and going back to your daily life.
10) Depending on what may have to be done, it might call for more than one procedure. Be sure to discuss the potential with your cosmetic surgeon during consultation.
The Hughes Center for Aesthetic Surgery is committed to providing information and assistance on learning more about facelifts around Cherry Hill, New Jersey and the Greater Philadelphia area. Our new Med Spa is next door to our current location in Cherry Hill at 1765 South Springdale Road. Learn more by calling us at (888) 929-4676 or sending us a message to request a consultation with Dr. Susan Hughes today.