Laser Rejuvenation Patient Tutorial - Hughes Center Blog
When patients have many steps of post-procedure care to keep track of, they may not be completely familiar or comfortable with the care. That’s why the cosmetic surgeons at The Hughes Center Cosmetic Surgery Center and Medical Spa in Philadelphia and New Jersey have created a patient portal with patient tutorials.
This patient tutorial can also be found in video form, but here are necessary steps post-procedure for laser rejuvenation:
- Place a clean wash cloth in a bowl filled with ice water.
- Remove washcloth from bowl and place directly on lasered areas.
- Leave the soak on your face for 10 minutes. You can re-dip washcloth in ice water if it has gotten too warm.
- Remove the soak from your face.
- After soaking generously apply the ointment that has been provided to you by The Hughes Center cosmetic surgeons.
- Repeat these steps hourly while you are awake. Refrain from waking up in the middle of the night just to soak.
- While the ointment is on, some people use a new plant mister with ice water to spray on the face for comfort.
Very important to a patient’s recovery, at bed time apply The Hughes Center Velcro Eye Mask with ice packs over the ointment and a very wet washcloth to hold it in place. Also, never apply ice or mask directly to skin.
The Hughes Center Cosmetic Surgery Center and Medical Spa is committed to providing information and assistance on post-procedure steps for laser rejuvenation in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and the Greater Philadelphia area. Our Med Spa is next door to the current location in Cherry Hill at 1765 South Springdale Road. Learn more by calling us at (888) 929-4676 or send us a message to request a consultation with Dr. Susan Hughes today.