Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Benefits - Hughes Center Blog
When patients in Philadelphia and New Jersey have melanin, the dark pigment in skin, Intense Pulsed Light (better known as IPL) may be the answer in treatment. The conditions that may be treated are: Freckles, Age Spots, Sun Spots, Birthmarks, Seborrheic Keratoses, Hyperpigmentation, Port Wine Stains, Rosacea and Spider Veins on the face and legs.
According to most recent cosmetic plastic surgery statistics (most recent trends from 2013), Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is one of the top three minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures when it comes to growth. The percentage of change from 2012 to 2013 was 9%.
Here are 10 benefits listed off by the cosmetic surgeons at The Hughes Center for Aesthetic Surgery:
• Vascular and Pigmented Lesions Improve
• Remove unwanted hair from any part of the body
• Treatments are deemed safe with hundreds of thousands of successful treatments
• Treatment may be customized to skin type and condition
• No other treatment can be as flexible or interactive as IPL
• Little to no pain
• No anesthetics needed
• Little bruising or swelling
• No Down Time
The Hughes Center for Aesthetic Surgery is committed to providing information and assistance with Intense Pulsed Light / Phototherapy in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and the Greater Philadelphia area. Our new Med Spa is next door to our current location in Cherry Hill at 1765 South Springdale Road. Learn more by calling us at (888) 929-4676 or sending us a message.