Gynecomastia: Candidate Checklist - Hughes Center Blog
It’s astounding that between 40-60% of men are affected by gynecomastia, a condition that results in enlarged breast glands in boys and men. This condition many times may make men feel uncomfortable in their own skin and pushes them to act on their physical appearance.
In doing so, patients need to fit the perimeters in order to have the surgery. Here are a few points from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that will help patients decide on this cosmetic surgery:
- Not able to correct the condition through alternative medical treatments
- Non life-threatening illness or pre-existing medical conditions that may impair heating.
- Non-smoker and non-drug user
- Positive thinking with goals in mind on improving gynecomastia
- Men who have stabilized breast development
- A physical stature that is healthy and of a normal weight range
- Those with realistic expectations on what the surgery will produce
- Men bothered by the fact that they have larger-than-normal breasts
The Hughes Center Cosmetic Surgery Center and Medical Spa is committed to providing information and assistance on learning more about gynecomastia (male breast reduction) in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and the Greater Philadelphia area. Our Med Spa is next door to the current location in Cherry Hill at 1765 South Springdale Road. Learn more by calling us at (888) 929-4676 or send us a message to request a consultation with Dr. Susan Hughes today.