Five Things to Know About Facelifts - Hughes Center Blog
The aging process can be a tricky thing. There are real societal pressures to look young and then there are the realities of how people may feel when seeing their reflection in the mirror. For anyone contemplating a facelift in Philadelphia or New Jersey, here are five things to know about them:
- One of top cosmetic surgeries. Based on the most recent statistics reports from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Facelifts were the fifth-most popular cosmetic surgical procedure in the United States with 128,000 procedures in 2014. Eyelid surgeries, which may be a pre-cursor to the facelift, came in at number four with 207,000 procedures in 2014.
- Weigh the options. If you’re contemplating a facelift, have a free consultation with the cosmetic surgeons at The Hughes Center to discuss what is right for you. This may be anything from starting with a brow lift or eyelid surgery to a Cheek/Mid Facelift, Neck Lift or an actual Facelift. Get the facts and decide what’s best for you from there.
- How old should you be? Having a facelift is not like becoming an adult or reaching the drinking age. Everyone has a different story. If you’re contemplating any procedure, have a personalized consultation with a cosmetic surgeon at The Hughes Center to help decide what’s best for your situation.
- Is a facelift all I need? Facelifts do not remove most wrinkles and don’t re-inflate aging faces. Facelifts may often be enhanced with other techniques such as laser skin resurfacing, fat transfer or dermal fillers. Each person’s appearance is unique, which is also true with how the results of facelifts may vary.
- Is a lower facelift necessary? Facelifts cover the upper and mid-facial regions of a patient’s face – leaving the lower third of the face and neck needing additional rejuvenation, especially with older patients. If necessary, the cosmetic surgeons at The Hughes Center may do so with a mini-incision or S-lift procedure.
The Hughes Center Cosmetic Surgery Center and Medical Spa is committed to providing facelifts in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and the Greater Philadelphia area. Our Med Spa is next door to our current location in Cherry Hill at 1765 South Springdale Road. Learn more by calling us at (888) 929-4676 or sending us a message.