Considering a Chin Implant - Hughes Center Blog
Chances are, if you are contemplating having a chin implant, you’ve been battling issues with the balance and appearance of your face for awhile. Whether you’re seeing jowls stare back at you in the mirror, or have “just dealt with” an uniquely-shaped chin since childhood, it may be time to take the first step to correction.
If you are in Philadelphia or New Jersey, and have been thinking about plastic surgery that involves a chin implant, here are five things to take into consideration leading up to the procedure:
• Both men and women have had successful chin implants due to small chins, weak jaws or non-existent facial contour.
• Anesthesia or intravenous sedation is typically administered for chin implant procedures. The cosmetic surgeons at The Hughes Center for Aesthetic Surgery will recommend what will work best for your particular case during an initial consultation.
• The incisions may be intraoral (inside the mouth) or external (just beneath the chin), where they will be very discreet. Know where yours will be.
• There will be a noticeable difference almost immediately, but there will also be visible swelling from the surgical procedure. It may take months for the swelling to completely go away.
• It is common for facial movements to be temporarily restricted or impaired, discoloration, numbness and/or discomfort. These symptoms are part of the initial healing process.
The Hughes Center for Aesthetic Surgery is committed to providing information and assistance on chin implants in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and the Greater Philadelphia area. Our new Med Spa is next door to our current location in Cherry Hill at 1765 South Springdale Road. Learn more by calling us at (888) 929-4676 or sending us a message to request a consultation with Dr. Susan Hughes today.